Vehicle Operator Requirements
The following requirements have been established between the Lifetime Assistance Transportation Department and our Insurance Carrier to define an acceptable driving record. Please read the information and sign below certifying that you meet the requirements:
A. I understand that all Lifetime Assistance employees must meet the following requirements before driving any Lifetime Assistance vehicle or transporting individuals in their personal vehicles:
- Possess a valid New York State drivers license.
- Have possessed a drivers license for more than three years.
- Meet the requirements established between the LAI Transportation Department and our Insurance Carrier, (see B below).
- Provide driving record abstract for licenses held in other states for last three years.
B. If I am at least 22 years of age, and if I have been convicted of any of the following serious violations in the past seven years, I will be considered to have an unacceptable driving record:
- DWI or DWAI – Drugs or alcohol
- Hit and run
- Failure to report an accident
- Negligent homicide using a motor vehicle
- Driving while motor vehicle record is suspended or revoked
- Using a motor vehicle for the commission of a felony
- Operating a motor vehicle without the owner’s authority
- Permitting an unlicensed person to drive
- Reckless driving
- Speed contest
If I am at least 22 years of age, and have any combination of accidents (regardless of fault) and/or moving violations which total four in the last four years, I will be considered to have an unacceptable driving record.
If I am 21 years of age or younger, and have any combination of accidents (regardless of fault) and/or moving violations which total two in the last four years, I will be considered to have an unacceptable driving record.
C. If I have the job title of Driver/Aide and lose my acceptable driving record, I will be terminated because I can no longer perform the job.
D. I understand that if driving is a part of my job and I no longer meet agency vehicle operator requirements:
- I must immediately stop driving Lifetime Assistance vehicles or transporting participants and notify my supervisor and the Director of Transportation. Failure to do so within three (3) calendar days will result in discipline, up to and including discharge.
- I may be terminated.
I have read the information listed above and meet the requirements of the Lifetime Assistance Transportation Department and the agency insurance carrier. I understand and agree that if I have misrepresented my driving status, I may be terminated from my position as I will not be qualified to perform an essential function of my position.
Click here to return to job listings or use your browser’s Back button to return to job description.