Paul Road Renovations
Improvements will create additional open space where people can have a more individualized dining space outside of the restricted classroom space.
Accessible and spacious suites will support senior citizens who may have dementia and physical disabilities, and many whom use adaptive equipment.
At the 425 Paul Road location, we provide supports and services to a more youthful yet still diverse population. About 40% of those served here have autism (or severe challenges) and another 40% have severe medical or physical challenges. The remaining 20% are more independent and will benefit from being transferred to a more inclusive setting. We can then create additional open space where people can have a more individualized dining space outside of the restricted classroom space. The enhancements will be completed in two phases.
Phase I Renovations to the West Area
Learning and Work Suites
The service and support areas will be transformed into accessible and spacious suites to support senior citizens who may have dementia and physical disabilities and many whom use adaptive equipment.
Phase II – Renovations to the East Area
- The building’s current main entryway is isolated and not obvious to visitors so it will receive a significant face-lift to create a warm, welcoming area that also has enhanced security.
- Additional renovations will focus on supporting people with autism and other severe challenges. The current more institutional classroom model can be very over-stimulating, particularly for those with anxiety/autism, so will be transformed to provide a library with more natural lighting, comfortable seating and a place to spend quiet, peaceful time.
- Open suites will provide more space and opportunity for independence, yet still provide a structured setting.
- Renovation of the courtyard will provide an area for fresh air and sunshine, socializing and leisure.
- A new enclosed porch will provide an area where people may safely engage in horticultural hobbies, or simply relax in a comforting environment.