Registration for 2017 is Now Open!
2016, more than 800 runners, walkers, and spectators came out to show their support and try for their fastest time on the flattest course around.
This fun filled event has something for the entire family, including the Seneca Park Zoo Mobile, National Guard helicopter tours, music, Junior Games, 5K run and walk, Flower City CrossFit 5K and Gates Fire Department Truck Pull.
This year Lifetime raised $138,000 to provide life-enriching experiences and opportunities to adults and children with developmental disabilities; including health and wellness programs, educational advancement opportunities, technology, essential adaptive lift and transfer equipment, Special Olympics training and more.
Become a Sponsor
The Lifetime Assistance Airport Games is Lifetime’s largest fundraiser. Funds raised through this event provide life-enriching experiences and opportunities to adults and children with developmental disabilities; including health and wellness programs, educational advancement opportunities, technology, essential adaptive lift and transfer equipment, Special Olympics training and more. Please consider sponsoring the Airport Games and helping our friends and neighbors with developmental disabilities reach their highest potential.
For runners and walkers, the Lifetime Assistance Airport 5K is ran right on the airport runway! Many avid runners enjoy trying for their fastest time on the flattest course around. Teams, strollers, wheelchairs and all fitness levels are encouraged to participate.
Gates Fire Department Truck Pull
New in 2016, the Gates Fire Department Truck Pull was a fan favorite! Participants in this event partner with nine teammates (10 people total) to pull a 68,000 lb. fire truck for 15 seconds. The team that pulls it furthest wins!
Each team should designate a team captain. The team captain will assure that all members are signed up by using the Team Captain Tracking Form. He/She will encourage team members to raise funds to support Lifetime Assistance. For your convenience we have included a team member tracking form, a sample donation letter and some team fundraising tips.
Flower City CrossFit 5K
Looking for more of a challenge? The Flower City CrossFit 5K takes place using the same course as the 5K, however along the way each participant must stop at 5 stations and complete each monitored challenge. Stations will vary from burpees, to kettle bells and much more. This course has been a big hit the past two years. To prepare here are some possible challenges:
- Slam Balls – Start with a 12″ medicine ball on the ground. Squat to pick it up and lift it overhead, slam the ball to the ground and catch it on the first bounce. The rep completes when the athlete catches the ball and stands up (full hip and knee extension)
- Burpee Broad Jumps – A burpee, but instead of jumping up, do a broad jump (both feet jump together). The next rep begins at the point where the previous broad jump was completed
- Push-ups – chest to deck
- Air Squats – squat so that hip crease passes below the top of the knees
- L-sits – Extend your legs in an “L” sitting position, supporting your weight on your arms with your feet not touching the ground
- Bear Crawl – Crawling on all “fours”
- Jumping Jacks – Jump spreading legs apart and arms up then jump and place legs together again and arms down
- Jumping Lunges – jump and land in a lunge position. Alternate legs
- Turkish Get Ups – go from standing to laying down, to standing again while supporting a 10 or 15 lb. medicine ball above the head.
- Up-Downs – aka – a squat-thrust
Sign your junior challengers (ages 12 and under) up for the Kids Fun Run! This run is a 1/4 mile on the ramp following the traditional 5K. In addition to the Fun Run, registration for the Junior Games permits participation in any junior challenger game offered on the day of the event!