ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
1. Responsible for food stamp benefit applications and recertification, following up with residential staff to obtain necessary documentation from residences if needed.
2. Responsible for timely preparation and filing of annual Medicaid Recertification for individuals, obtaining required documentation from residences when necessary.
3. Completing on-line Social Security Representative Payee Reports, utilizing on-line residential accounts/ledgers, and phone in/fax individual’s monthly wage report to Social Security.
4. Conduct Food Stamp Interviews as scheduled by Department of Social Services for initial food stamp application or recertification.
5. Responsible for opening mail daily from Social Security/ DSS, and other benefit related providers, assuring that all benefit letters are received for each individual and filed by residence, and following up as necessary. Also, responsible for opening and recording on a spreadsheet the HEAP benefit letters from DSS.
6. Responsible for obtaining individual’s monthly food stamp benefits, and recording benefits as received on the spreadsheet.
7. Print and distribute the monthly rent and food stamp statements.
8. Serves as positive role model for employees and individuals. Maintains neat appearance, hygiene, and grooming. Promotes positive behaviors and interactions with all individuals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Any combination of education and experience that demonstrate the abilities and knowledge for successful performance will be considered.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Associates Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred with at least 2 years of related experience or a H.S. Diploma and Four years of experience in a position requiring a working knowledge and application of Social Security and Medicaid rules and regulations. Relevant experience may be considered in place of education requirements.
COMMUNICATION SKILLS: Position requires strong communication skills with frequent telephone and personal contact with employees, consumers and their families/guardian, and representatives from the Social Security Administration, Department of Social Services or other outside parties
REASONING ABILITY: Candidates must be extremely detail oriented, possess strong communication and problem solving skills, and be capable of managing multiple projects concurrently and be deadline oriented with strong computer skills. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of options in situations where only limited instructions exist. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, or oral form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the responsibilities of the Consumer Benefits Specialist job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. May be required to frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
As an employee of Lifetime Assistance, Inc., I agree to adhere to the Agency’s Mission Statement and all Agency and Program policies and procedures. I also agree to attend and successfully complete all required training, perform other duties as requested by a supervisor or designee and advise my supervisor of any obstacles to achieving these responsibilities. It is understood that due to the wide range of abilities of the people being served, specific duties may vary depending on assignment. I understand that failure to meet any of the requirements outlined in this job description may result in termination of employment. I have read this Job Description, am aware and understand its contents, and have received a copy.
To Be Discussed at Interview